10 Tips On How to Maximise Cabin Spaces
A standard cabin only measures between 150 and 185 square feet. The biggest you can find (which is pricier) is 220 square feet, which is only as big as a studio unit. If you’re travelling alone, a small space may not be an issue. But if you’re a family, your cabin can look like a cramped space where everything is everywhere. We have put together our top tips on how to maximise cabin spaces.
To make your cabin look bigger, here are our 10 quick tips:
- Pack light: Plan your outfits and bring only your essentials. Considering the cruise’s dress code and activities that you will attend. Bring one small toy for each of your kids. Do not bring all your toiletries including any medications. Check first what is included in your package before you start packing.
- Get extra hangers: Politely ask the room service for hangers. Hang as much as you can in the hanging space provided.
- Store luggage under your bed: Unpack and tuck suitcases under the bed to free up floor space. Arrange your stuff from the least important in the farthest corner to the most important in front.
- Use packing cubes: Packing cubes are your best organizer buddies. Keep items inside the cubes and place them on shelves or in drawers.
- Bring over-the-door hanging organiser: Hang one each on your bathroom door for your toiletries and another in the cabinet. Use them to store small items to free up limited space in the drawer and your basin.
- Empty out your mini-fridge: Remove or consume the food and drinks asap, especially the freebies. Use the space to store your meals or souvenirs that you want to remain fresh.
- Clear the clutter: Put away or ask your cabin steward to remove items you won’t use, such as extra chairs or coffee tables.
- Use the desk as a vanity organiser: Use the desk drawers to store your makeup, beauty items, and hair tools, maximising counter space.
- Organise documents: Keep your papers in one envelope placed in a secured spot. For itineraries, daily ship programs, and other cruise-related flyers, use magnets to hang them in a prominent place.
- Utilise magnetic hooks: Use magnetic hooks to hang hats, caps, and lightweight clothing items on the cabin walls, freeing up floor and furniture space.
If you follow these tips, you will be amazed how a seemingly small cabin can look bigger! Looking to book your first luxury cruise? Contact our team of experienced travel professionals or check out our latest deals today.